Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Favourite TaylorMade R9 Supertri Driver

There are certain words that I try to avoid when describing a golf club, mainly because I was in the past worried that it may effect my marriage! However being a newly single man I can now announce that the Taylormade R9 SuperTri Driver is one very very sexy golf club. Now this is not something I would say to get you to like it the same way I do but holding this thing in your hands and you realize that the feel of the club is as nice as the look of the club.

The TaylorMade R9 Super Tri Driver offers terrific distance that is achieved through optimization. This club has a 460cc head and a lower cg, meaning long shots that get you to the green faster. This club promotes up to 75 yards of side-to-side trajectory change for straighter, longer tee shots.

The club I was given to test was the right handed, 9.5 degree head with a Fujikura Motore 60, stiff shaft which fits in with all regulations of allowed clubs and all that competition stuff that can cost you dear if you are unaware.

I remember back to when I first started playing golf and my 1 wood was exactly that it was made of wood and damn heavy to boot, but at the time no one knew any better. Then you get your first metal head driver and it pretty much is like swinging a lump of lead around, but as things have evolved clubs are now much lighter and a great deal easier to swing. The Taylormade R9 SuperTri Driver is probably the most complexed and complete driver I have tried.

I have to say I would have probably been able to control the ball better with the draw and distance had I had time on the driving range with the club before going out onto the course, but the overall thoughts on the Taylormade R9 SuperTri Driver are that it is one hell of a club but it can take a little getting used to. In my party of 4 on the course I had two 28 handicappers who had a go with the club.

The general conclusion is that the discount golf clubs is pretty special but with that in mind I would suggest strongly to get the right advice on the club shaft that you are going to use with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment